A brief moment that lasts forever... / Un breve instante que dura por siempre...



Versión en Español al final.
Living with an adolescent

As parents we go through different stages with our children, when they are babies we are aware of every movement, seeing if they breathe, or anticipating any danger, we are attentive to each new achievement in their development.

Later in their childhood, we enjoy watching them discover the world and how they go from fantasy to reality year after year. And little by little we see how they are becoming independent. A light physical rest for us.

Suddenly adolescence arrives and out of nowhere, they ask you to kiss them goodbye a block before arriving at school because for some reason, letting themselves be seen with their mother or showing affection is a recipe for social disaster. Hugs and kisses are limited to give them in private and just a few because it is cloying.
Ok, one swallow it to respect their boundaries and we remain in the shadows, one goes from being the hero who knows everything to be the old-fashioned one who knows nothing about music, love, or present life.

And suddenly one day a wave of unusual love takes you by surprise, a lot of "Mom, I love you very much, I really love you! Hugs that last more than 15 seconds! until we get our breathing synchronized and we really connect. Wow, it feels so beautiful!

And thus, looking into my eyes with an honest voice repeating over and over again, "Mommy I love you very much, with all my heart".
I don't know if I'm dreaming but if so, I don't want to wake up.

And then while laying on the bed he comes and gives me a hug and makes himself comfortable so that I can cuddle him just like when he was a baby. What on the earth are the chances of cuddling a teenager and feeling like the first time you held him?

without asking, I began to caress his forehead and his hair in the same way as I did when I carried him for the first time and I began to tell him in detail about how was our first encounter, how I felt, the fear of responsibility that I saw in front of me, but at the same time that deep and pure love that I had never felt, I told him how I was discovering every part of his face, his eyebrows, his little nose, his ears, how manly he was since he was little. I told him I promised that I would be with him always, taking care of him, guiding him and suddenly my teenager closed his eyes and continued listening to me until he fell asleep. We stayed there for 30 min, remembering his maternal shelter, and I reliving those first moments that changed my life. It made me remember the moment so vividly that I could even remember the smell of the room, the temperature, the peace of having him in my arms.

So parents, if your children show you Love, open wide your arms and hearts and forget about everything else, because those brief moments are worth a lifetime!

Dulce López


Viviendo con un adolescente

Como padres pasamos por diferentes etapas con nuestros hijos, cuando son bebes estamos al tanto de cada movimiento, de ver si respiran, de anticipar cualquier peligro, estamos atentos de cada nuevo logro en su desarrollo. 
Mas adelante en su niñez los disfrutamos viendo cómo descubren el mundo y cómo pasan de la fantasía a la realidad año con año. Y poco a poco vemos cómo se van haciendo independientes. Un ligero descanso físico para nosotros, porque el mental y emocional siempre estará ahí.
De repente llega la adolescencia y de la nada te piden que les des el beso una cuadra antes de llegar a la escuela porque por alguna razón, el dejarse ver con la mamá o mostrarle cariño es receta para el desastre social. Abrazos y besos están limitados para darlos en privado y pocos porque empalaga.

Ok, uno apechuga respetando su sentir y se mantiene en las sombras, uno pasa de ser el héroe que todo lo sabe a ser la pasada de moda que no sabe nada de música, ni del amor, ni de la vida presente.

y de repente un día cuando menos te lo esperas, una oleada de inusitado amor te toma por sorpresa, "Mami te quiero mucho, De verdad te amo! Abrazos que duran mas de 15  segundos!! hasta lograr que nuestra respiración se sincronice y conectarnos de verdad. Wow, se siente tan bello!

y así mirándome a los ojos una y otra vez con una voz honesta repite una y otra vez, Mami te quiero mucho, con todo mi corazón.
No sé si estoy sonando pero si es así, no quiero despertar.

Y sin mas, estoy recostada en la cama y llega y me da un abrazo y se acomoda de tal forma que puedo acurrucarlo justo como cuando era un bebe. Qué posibilidad existe de acurrucar a un adolescente y sentir como la primera vez que lo cargaste??
sin mas, empece a acariciar su frente y su cabello de la misma manera como lo hice cuando lo cargue por primera vez y le empece a contar con todo detalle ese primer encuentro, como me sentí, el miedo de la responsabilidad que veía frente a mi, pero al mismo tiempo ese amor tan profundo y puro que jamas había sentido, le conté como iba descubriendo cada parte de su cara, sus cejas, su naricita, sus orejas, lo varonil que era desde chiquitito. Le conté le prometí que estaría con él siempre, cuidándolo, guiándolo y de repente mi adolescente cerro los ojos y siguió escuchándome hasta quedarse dormido. Nos quedamos ahí por 30 min, el recordando el regazo de su madre mientras dormía y yo reviviendo esos primeros momentos que cambiaron mi vida. Me hizo recordar tan vívidamente el momento que pude incluso recordar el olor del cuarto, la temperatura, la paz de tenerlo en mis brazos.
Así que padres, si sus hijos les dan muestras de amor, abran sus brazos y sus corazones y olvídense de todo lo demás, por que esos breves momentos valen toda una vida!

Dulce López

Comments

Popular Posts